Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lilac Love

So this week is about talking about "issues."
I have a thing for lilacs.
Not just a generic - I love lilacs.

 But, a wait for a whole year
 and can't get enough- lilacs.
 Sometimes altered with the 
Waterlouge App on my phone.



 Everything looks better with lilacs.
 Old books- well, they transcend time.


 Simple backgrounds 
highlight the simplicity of just lilacs.





So these days of fleeting blooms- 
I carry around a vase of lilacs- 
to sniff at will.
They move bedside at nighttime.
The next day they follow me around the house.
Fleeting, oh, so fleeting are the days.
Until next year.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the look of lilacs! I can see why you love them - we don't seem to get them here in Western Australia. Another beautiful bible journaler that I follow, Sandy Alnock, has also been sharing her love of lilacs recently. The closest I will get is to learn how to paint them I guess -so I will try to do that to mark the day God blessed me with a new friend fom across the world 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yes- I love how we can make friends from around the world- and I wish you had lilacs too!

      Delete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.