Wednesday, February 14, 2018

VaLENTine's Day

Bible Marginalia Series- #281

Ash Wednesday and Valentine's Day

 on the same day.
How often does that happen?

This year Ash Wednesday 

and Valentine’s Day

 are overlapping for the 

first time since 1945.

So this is the first time in my lifetime.
The two dates have also overlapped
 in 1923 and 1934 
and will coincide again in 2024 and 2029.

Hanging out in Psalm 51-
 in my Large Print Crossways Bible.
Using the printable margins 
from the Visual Faith Ministry website 
designed by Pat Maier.
ash-wednesday-margins
Prayer time devotions:
 mercy, steadfast, blot and transgressions
So I pray:
 There is NOTHING
 I can do to make up
 this great deficit in my life.
May YOU, O God,
come near. 
Create in Me a Clean Heart.
Restore to me the Joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a wiling spirit.
Rework what needs to go,
and bless me with the gifts
 to be wholly and only your new creation,
Amen.
What a blessing to walk into my church
 for Ash Wednesday services 
and see some of the resources from 
Visual Faith Ministry
www.visualfaithmin.org 
ready for those that connect this way for LENT.
So, may we REMEMBER 
that on this day of ashes and turning back, 
that at the center of this great gift
 is the cross and the great LOVE
 our Father has for each of us.

Supplies:
 printable margin- visualfaithmin.org
colored pencils 
scrapbook paper
assorted die cut printables
fine-point Sharpie pen- non-bleeding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.