Monday, November 13, 2017

1000 Posts

It was on my radar awhile back--  
maybe about 980.
And then it slid by. Right on by.
Yes, the official count is 1008 blog posts.
If you would have suggested that number
six years ago when I first hit publish,
it would have been overwhelming
 to think about the possibility.
So what have I learned in the 1000 posts?


1.    I work out, sort out, mark my life in these posts.
2.    I notice things I'd probably miss-
       with a growing eye for photo taking. 
3.    I started writing these posts for the sake of my family
       having the information, and I still write with that purpose.
4.    Now I know that you can turn your blog posts into a
       published book, so they are also in "hardcopy" form.
5.    There is an amazing online community of bloggers.
6.    It is possible to just keep on writing, and writing,
       without the tug to monetize.
7.    Sometimes the least likely topic will have many, many hits.
8.    Once in awhile, 
       I might be the only person who has read a post.
9.    Words of affirmation and relevancy do matter.
10.  Writing has really helped me to become more articulate.
11.   I didn't expect it to actually be FUN.
12.   I started without any set rules of "must post this often"
        and that is still working out just fine.
13.   My husband has read maybe 10 posts, so he really hasn't 
        edited much of our life in writing. smile.....
14.   I love having the addition of Grandwonders to write about     
        now too.  (stealing that term from my friend Hadassah)
15. The spiritual discipline of writing these posts has blessed
       me in more ways than I can count.
16.   And most of all?  It has been His grace and faithfulness.
                    And so just another post..........

6 comments:

  1. I love your words and your visuals, Connie. Always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth---- and all of this has allowed me to meet great people- like yourself!!!!

      Delete
  2. Connie you continue to be an inspiration to me and all who read your posts. Love the photos and your obvious love for our Savior.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.