Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Bible Marginalia- Increase Our Faith

 Bible Marginalia Series- #266

Luke 17
This section of Scripture highlights 
one of the challenges for me as 
I have been doing Bible Journaling practices.
There is so much HERE.
Temptation to sin reminders, 
and forgiving our brothers and sisters.
The Apostles ask Jesus to "Increase our faith," 
and then there is the mustard seed reminder.
The unworthy servant and our duty.
The Cleansing of the ten lepers--
and then Jesus says-
"Rise and go your way;
your faith has made you well."
And the coming of the Kingdom-
"behold- the kingdom of God 
is in the midst of you."
These are some of my well-remembered
 phrases in the New Testament.
Bible Journaling has helped me to SEE
 that sometimes they are all on 
ONE page of the Bible.
Though this makes it difficult to pick out 
what might be highlighted in the margin,
each time I come back to this page over and over-
it is so RICH in WORDS and IMAGES.
And since I don't do much actual drawing-
it is the image of the flower napkin 
in the background that makes 
these words jump off the page.
From right here- to my heart- as prayer.

Thank you, LORD, 
for making your WORD so full of meaning-
every time I linger in it. Amen.

Supplies:

Napkin- one layer
Tri-Art Clear Gesso
Alpha stickers
Colored pencils 
Fine-point non-bleeding Sharpie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.