Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bible Marginalia- Hear and Be Wise


Bible Marginalia Series-#250
                                   Proverbs 23:19
            Sometime when I read a section of Scripture-
                     I have to read it multiple times 
                      to find what "rises to the top"
                              for my attention.
                This week it was verse 19 in this chapter.
                      "Hear, my son, (and daughter)
                                    and be wise,
                       and direct your heart in the way."

                                           Be wise-
having or showing experience,

 knowledge, and good judgment.
Some days that just seems 
easier than others.
When I speak without clear thinking,
when I jump into a conversation
 without listening first,
when I give unwanted advice.
Time to go back 
and look at the direction of my heart.
Making sure the connections are in place for:
His leading, His guarding,
His whisper.

Supplies: 
Various tags and die cuts
Fine-point Sharpie pen
Zig memory writer pen
Colored pencils
Assorted Acrylic paint- Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.