Thursday, October 20, 2016

Bible Marginalia-Walking in the Truth


 Bible Marginalia Series #185
3 JOHN

Sometimes I am too anxious
 to even breathe these words:
my children are walking in the truth.
Fear comes in and challenges me with:
what if's and the tenuous fate 
that future holds in our lives.
And then I come back and remember the promise
 given to them in their Baptism,
 and to their spouses, and now to our grandchildren.
And I rest in that strong hold of our Heavenly Father, 
who cannot lie, 
and tells us that He will never leave us.
because it is His nature
 and He CANNOT break a promise.
There is NO GREATER JOY- 
than to hear, know, believe, and see
this journey of faith for my own children.
And I pray over these words:
Walking in the Truth.
In a world that does not believe 
in ABSOLUTE Truth,
and how our walk is sometimes a shuffle, 
and other days it feels like we are running ragged.
And I give thanks for the breath relief 
of being a part of God's family, 
as HIS CHILDREN,
the church, the KINGDOM of GOD.
May I live a life that points to Him 
as creator, sustainer, and provider.
May my own journey be blessed -
as I KNOW that my own parents
 prayed these verses over ME.

 Supplies:
Colored pencils
 Fine point Sharpie marker
Washi tape








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your heart. I love Bible journaling!

    Happy weekend friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.