Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bible Marginalia- Psalm 121

 Bible Marginalia series- #186
 Psalm 121

I had stamped this page about 2 years ago.
It was a favorite psalm of my mom's. 
 Sometimes that keeps me from coming back
 because I fear that what ever I engage here
 on this page won't be special enough.
But, as I was "drawn" to this psalm 
in a  lectionary reading-
 a door opened.
I know the first verse well.

And as usual in my time for margin work,
 new things sprang forward.
The Lord KEEPS me.
The Lord KEEPS me from evil .
The Lord KEEPS me and never sleeps.
The Lord KEEPS my life.

Keep-Keeps
1. have or retain possession of
2. continue in a specific condition or course
3. provide for sustenance of someone
4. honor or fulfill a commitment or undertaking

Honor, guard, protect, value, hold dear

Certainly on this page I can lay my prayer
 before the Lord to Keep those I love dearly.
Thank you, Lord.

Supplies:
Bible verse stamp
 Circle image stamp
colored pencils
Fine-point Sharpie non-bleeding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.