Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bible Marginalia-The Lord is My Shepherd

Bible Marginalia Series- #143
On a cold February day I was blessed
 to have an out of state adult daughter 
home over Winter Break.
We broke out the Bible Journaling stamps 
that we were anxious to try from 
Our Daily Bread Designs.
bible-journaling-bundle
(Highly recommend this bundle for use
 by beginners and in group settings)

We each added some acrylic paint
 and the stamp in black.
Used a white SignoUni pen
 for outline or details of the lambs.
 The teal paint she choose has a sheen to it
 and makes it hard to photograph 
but the words are still readable underneath.
I thought the gray had a bit more 
of a greenish cast to it than I liked on this page.

Psalm 23- because it is so well known,
 may be hard to journal.
We liked the approach of using
 the stamp in the margin.
How the words- I SHALL NOT WANT 
were emphasized.
 The way this journaling Bible
 is set up there is still margin space
 for more of the Psalm on the opposite page.

Lord, help me to hear your gentle words to me.
When I am close to you- 
I shall not want or be in need.
You are MY SHEPHERD.
Amen.

Supplies:
Acrylic paint- Target
 Stamp- Our Daily Bread
Stamp ink
White- Signo-Uni pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.