Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rest Gift- Advent 11

REST GIFT?

Advent focus that offers sanctuary 
certainly SOUNDS great 
in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Preparations continue to try to escalate each year.
Advent focus allows me to put the brakes on,
choose with care, add on only the important,
and close the door on some "opportunities."

"Come to me, all you that are weary
 and carrying heavy burdens 
and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:28-29

A quiet reading,
a visual prayer calendar,
a walk-
all ways to find rest for my soul.
And then I can hear the whisper of 
my Jesus- 
a gentle and humble heart.

This nativity purchased years ago 
at an after Christmas sale at Ross.
Cost- $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.