Friday, December 11, 2015

Power Gift- Advent 13

Power Gift

A babe in swaddling clothes.
Humble, yet needing human care.
This small child broke open all the barriers, 
and brought to me- mere human- 
a gift that cannot be contained.
The simple tool of prayer
 connects me to the God of the universe.
This crosses time, suspends my ineptness,
and by LOVE gives me
 freedom and independence.
No longer caught in solitary effort,
but through Christ,
 I share in the power of God.
Not an insignificant gift.
Actually this gift of the power of prayer-
is simply beyond my understanding.

Make this your common practice: 
Confess your sins to each other 
and pray for each other
 so that you can live together whole and healed. 
The prayer of a person living right with God 
is something powerful to be reckoned with.
James 5:16

the Message



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.