Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bible Marginalia- Grace for Life

Bible Marginalia Series- #132

The WHOLE Armor of God.
Thinking about how sometimes
 I may put on a bit here
and a bit there.
Have seen some wonderful drawings
 depicting suits of armor 
in the Bible Journaling groups online.
Then a recent worship service had-
 EPHESIANS- Grace for Life 
as a bulletin cover.
There's my page.
Torn and taped right into my Bible.
And summed up right there for me-
was this whole armor thing.
I am just covered in GRACE- 
for my WHOLE life.
And when life seems a bit weary
 and rough around the edges,
and attacks from the evil one
 seem to be making head way.
 I need to yell full throttle-
"ARMOR CHECK."
Because somewhere-
 there is a GRACE leak.
Not in the Lord's provision. 
EVER.
But, in my own awareness
 of the belt, shield, or sword-
to be battle ready.
It is a red-alert time.
For by HIS Grace-
 it is all there waiting and ready.
And by HIS Grace-
 in my human frailness and forgetfulness-
He has already begun to armor dress me-
GRACE FOR LIFE.
So that I may STAND FIRM.

Supplies:
Graph paper
Washi tape
 Alpha stickers
Fine-point Sharpie pen
Calligraphy  black Sharpie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.