Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bible Marginalia- Playing card add-ins

Bible Marginalia Series- # 69

Leave it to my daughters.
This was the creative project when we 
gathered recently to celebrate 
a special birthday for me.


It cannot get much simpler than this.
 Print the Bible verse boards
 on my Pinterest site-
on regular computer paper.
(A non-technical way:
 do a screen shot
 and print what you want each time)

Here are my Pinterest boards
 with collected Bible Verses.
Bible-verses-1

Bible-verses-2


New-testament


Old-testament



Cut out the small rectangles.
 Add to PLAYING cards.
 Front and back.


  My tangle prayer card- 
(bottom right)
originally made on a 4 by 6 index card
is now in miniature.


We chose an eye-catching design
 for the one side of the card.
Red and turquoise chevrons.
I am always looking for ways
 for the "non-artist"
to add in visual graphics to their Bibles.

 These can also be added into a Journaling Bible- 
simply attached with washi tape.
Tip-in, add-in, flip-in--
whatever you want to call them.


To hide the "playing card" side-
 small squares of scrapbooking paper were added.
or a strip of paper.
 If you are making this for a Bible tip-in,
you can use one side for the verse
 and the other side for journaling the reference.


 Bible verses were attached with 
double-sided sticky tape
 or a small strip of washi tape.
This set was then hole punched
 to add to a hook on a suction cup
 to place on a window or mirror. 
Reminders of God's Word-
right we live-
 to see from the time we get up-
 till we go to bed.

They can also be placed 
on an O ring to take along
 with you as you are out and about.
Or they make a perfect gift for someone-
going through treatment for health issues,
in times of grieving- to bring hope,
or to encourage any one in their journey.

Supplies:
This would work well:
Craft-Punch-Scallop-Square
(think this is the size I have--
 measurement info is a bit hard to tell)
Cardstock
Scrapbooking paper
 Old book pages
pages from a Bible that fell apart
Double-sided sticky tape
Assorted washi tape
Printed Bible Verses from Pinterest

To add to mirror or window we are using this:
or similar-
suction-cup-hooks


Note:
These are made for personal use and ministry purposes only-
not to be sold.
We give thanks for all the graphics designers
 that have contributed to this project-
known and unknown.
May you be blessed by knowing
the Kingdom is served in your work.

2 comments:

  1. You lost me with screenshot... I love this! Can I actually print the whole board at once? So glad to have found your blog! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy do you have a MAC or PC? I am trying to figure this out myself since my kids did this for me...... always a big learning curve. if you have a MAC I can "teach" you how to do a screen shot-- and I'd google thatn to figure out for other

      Delete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.