Saturday, November 15, 2014

Bible Marginalia- Be Strong and Courageous

#30 in the Bible Marginalia Series

Joshua 1:9

Sermon notes- 
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church 
Midlothian, VA
10-26-14

When God says VERY- pay attention.
When He says- YOU- Listen up.

A change of command.
Moses is no longer here.
Joshua is the one God choses to lead.
Over and over again-
 Be Strong and Courageous.

DO NOT be dismayed.
I am WITH YOU. 

WHEREVER you GO.


GOD also commands that His leaders -
MEDITATE ON GOD'S WORD 
and
BE CAREFUL TO OBEY.

Love how this part is the PEP Talk 
to the battle of Jericho.
and the saving of RAHAB-
 the lineage of David 
and Jesus Christ.

Colored Pencil
Fine-point sharpie Marker- non-Bleeding

4 comments:

  1. THis is awesome! I think it may be my fav page I have seen!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erin, I really can't even do stick figures for drawing so all my things will be mostly lettering--- it sure makes the words stay "with you"

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement to do 'more' in my Bible. I've always underlined and marked passages that are of special note to me but have never 'colored' in my Bible. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole Bible filled with notes and markings and then I found the Bible journaling group on FB and decided it was time to start another Bible on the journey---

      Delete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.