Saturday, November 1, 2014

All Saint's Day- The Best is Yet to Come






November One Gatherings
 bits of honeysuckle, yarrow, clover,
nandina and crape myrtle leaves

The story of in-between living-
in the middle of here and now-
what is ahead.


This pillow is a favorite gift from a friend-
 I often need visual reminders.




Then the King will say to those at his right hand,
 ‘Come, O blessed of my Father,
 inherit the kingdom prepared for you
from the foundation of the world."
Matthew 25:34

"Heavenly comfort is not comforting at all. 
Heavenly comfort, rather, is truth
which blows away human fantasies that we can live forever,
 control everything, or fake our lives before God."

-Sara Miles, City of God: Faith in the Streets

All Saints Day--
 where we live imperfect
under our own strength
 and endeavors or worth.
Where we live as saints- 
because of what Jesus
 has done for each of us.

Sinner and Saint living.
Until our future home-
is ours-
 as promised.
 Pur home- prepared.
For me- sinner AND saint.


The Way, the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your heart be troubled;
 you believe in God, believe also in Me.
 In My Father’s house are many mansions;
 if it were not so, I would have told you. 
I go to prepare a place for you.
 And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
 that where I am, there you may be also.
 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
Thomas said to Him,
 “Lord, we do not know where You are going,
 and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.
 No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Favorite iphone App- VRSLY.
More another time.

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded the app - so neat! Thank you for sharing these words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your thoughts and comments- they are greatly appreciated.